We will show the ways to set up the TP-Link Wifi Router and Extender in Step by Step Process
How to Setup a TP-Link Wifi Router?
A Wi-Fi router is a mechanism that provides wireless network packet forwarding & routing. It works as an access point in a home network. It works like traffic directing functions on the Internet. These routers have become a very important part of a user’s life and play the main role in professional & personal life. It is being used not only in giant enterprises but in small businesses and houses too. If you are planning to set up a Wi-Fi router at your place, then this post will assist you in knowing how to set it up.
Setting up a TP-Link wireless router doesn’t have to be a big deal. And while router manufacturers should be commended for making it simpler to install their devices, these tips will make the procedure even simpler.
TPLink routers are extremely popular due to their reasonable price & ease of use. They offer fast network access, can act as a firewall in addition to a router & can provide wireless access within your home and offices. So let’s begin the process to set up your wifi router.
Once you have unboxed your router:
- First, you need to place it close to your ISP modem & connect the modem to the WAN port of the router with the help of an Ethernet cable.
- Now you need to turn on the router. You need to make sure that the connection light must be green once it has a connection.
- Now connect your PC to the router’s LAN port using Ethernet. It doesn’t matter which port number you use.
- After connecting it, you need to open your browser and type 192.168.1.1 into the URL bar. Try 192.168.0.1 if 1.1 doesn’t work.
- Here you need to Type admin in the field of user name & password to log in to your TP-link setup. You can change it later.
Tp-link router login
- As mentioned above to log in to your TP-link admin panel, you need to open your browser and follow the process mention below
- Follow the simple two steps below to access the TP-Link admin panel of your TP-Link Router.
- Open a web browser & type http://192.168.1.1 into the address bar.
- Enter the username & password on the login page of your TPLink router. The default username and password for TP-Link routers is an admin in the lowercase.
How to reset the tp-link router
If you are not able to login to your TP-link router panel or cannot access the router with the default password shown above, you can factory reset the router? Follow the simple steps below to reset the tp-link router your TP-Link Router; You will require a small pin to carry out the reset.
You can find the reset button on the back of the device & hold it down with the pin for at least 10 seconds while it is on as normal. If you see all the lights flash & go off and start flashing again, it means the router has been reset successfully & you can follow the process mentioned above again.
Once your router has booted up again, it will have recovered the password back to the default state; you can continue to the Router Login Guide above & login to the router with the default password.
Best TP-Link Router Models:
TP-Link is an immensely well-liked brand when it comes to home and workplace networking solutions. No matter your requirements, you are certain to find a router made by this company providing a great combination of cost, performance, & features. But, the query remains – which are the best TP-Link routers in 2020? Well, we’ve made our collection of 10 routers that will most surely meet your every need.
- TP-Link WR940NTP-Link Archer A7
- TP-Link OnHub AC1900
- TP-Link Archer C9
- TP-Link Archer C5400
- TP-Link N300 Nano Travel Router
- TP-Link Archer C3150
More Articles: Tecksolving
TP-Link Wifi Extender Setup:
Setting up the TP-Link (Official Link) Extender with/without WPS is a truly simple procedure, but it does take some time & consideration. So before doing any of the technological stuff, you have to find a place where you want your extender to be.
Placing your Wifi Extender is truly simple, but you need to be cautious. That is because, in any situation, the extender signal will be blocked through walls or get interfered with by other waves. So you have to plan cautiously about the place you want your extender to be. The easiest way you can do so is through figuring out where precisely you need it.
First, take out your house layout & mark a place you need your signal to be. Now mark the place where the router is situated. Now take your extender and place it somewhere in the center of both places. Also, try to place it into an open area for a superior range.
Before you start setting up your TP-Link Extender, you should know a few things.
- IP Address
If you don’t know any of it then, open Command Prompt & write in ipconfig/all. Here you will get all the required details. Now, type in that IP address in your browser & log in to your router. If you are still not able to log in, get in touch with your Internet service supplier for support.
- TP-LINK EXTENDER SET UP WITHOUT WPS BUTTON
- At first, you need to plug-in the TP-Link Extender into a wall outlet & connect it with your computer via Ethernet cable.
- Now open your web browser & go to TPlinkrepeater.net.
- Here you need to Select Quick Setup > Region & then click on Next.
- After TP-Link Extender had finished scanning your Network choose your Wifi network and click next.
- Now enter the Password & select copy from the main router & click next.
- SETUP WITH WPS BUTTON
- First, place TP Link Extender in the Wall outlet nearby to your router.
- Now hold the WPS button on the back of the router. When the WPS Led starts blinking, press the WPS button on your Extender.
- Wait for a few seconds; the TP-Link Extender will automatically configure to your Wifi network.
- Now check that connection is working properly or not.
Leave a Reply