Microsoft Outlook Hotmail Introduction: The highly-rated personal information manager from Microsoft, Microsoft Outlook is a multifaceted, user-friendly, and robust software solution that has made digital life convenient. It makes managing and keeping track of your schedule, mails, notes and every daily life information efficient.
Originally named as Hotmail, the Microsoft Outlook provides some exemplary services to its users. Mainly used as an e-mail service host, Outlook also provides daily life useful features like managing your calendar schedule, taking and saving important notes, saving contacts, managing tasks, logging in journals, and even web browsing. With Outlook you’ll rarely have to venture anywhere else for any of your digital personal management needs.
- 1 What is Office 365?
- 2 Microsoft Outlook Features Pros & Cons
- 3 How to Create Microsoft Outlook Hotmail Account?
- 4 Microsoft Outlook Hotmail Login:
- 5 How to Create a Custom Business Email with Microsoft Outlook?
- 6 How to Delete a Microsoft Outlook Account?
- 7 Microsoft Office 365 Plans and Pricing:
What is Office 365?
Office 365 is a subscription-based service extended by Microsoft. An Office 365 subscription is the key to use all the software and premium services of Microsoft like – MS Office Suite, Skype for business, SharePoint, and Microsoft Outlook Premium.
In addition to these services, a Microsoft 365 subscription gives you 1 TB of OneDrivecloud storage and access to exclusive feature updates and updates upgrades which you can’t get anywhere else. This makes Office 365 subscription an all-encompassing deal.
Microsoft Outlook Features Pros & Cons
Microsoft Outlook has established itself as a successful platform that is full of exciting features and better user control. However, there are some instances when it can become a nuisance for the user. This section will focus on the pros and cons of Microsoft Outlook.
- Excellent E-mail Editing– Microsoft Outlook over other platforms is that it has a rich email formatting tool that gives as many features as Microsoft Word. It gives you the ability to edit your emails so that they look more attractive and professional.
- Smart Mail Identification Systems – The smart email management systems correctly segregate incoming mails into spam, promotional, phishing, important, and regular emails.
- Built-in Video Calling –Outlook gives you the benefit of having Skype built-in for seamless video conferencing on the go. You don’t need any separate application for that.
- Integrated Third-party Application – With Microsoft Outlook, you can link meeting schedules and calendar events from third-party platforms too. You can also import your data from other applications.
- Lacking Widespread Uniformity – Outlook gives unique text editing features that might not be supported in many browsers or email services. This can make your heavily edited rich-text data too unusual and messy.
How to Create Microsoft Outlook Hotmail Account?
Follow these steps to create a new Microsoft Outlook Hotmail Account.
- Open your web browser and navigate to https://signup.live.com/signup.aspx?cbcxt=mail&wreply=http:%2F%2Fmail.live.com&id=64855&lic=1?semid=1This will lead you to the Microsoft Outlook account sign up page.
- Then enter the requested information like your name, date of birth, and gender. You’ll also be asked to choose a username for your Microsoft Hotmail Outlook account and create a password for the same.
- Then you’ll be asked to provide an alternate email-id and phone number which can be used to recover your account in case you forget the password.
- Click on create an account and your new Microsoft Outlook account will be set up and ready to use.
More Articles: Tecksolving
Microsoft Outlook Hotmail Login:
To log in to your Microsoft Outlook Hotmail account, follow these easy steps:
- Go to the Microsoft OutlookHotmail login page by navigating to https://login.live.com/login.srf. The Outlook login page will appear.
- Enter your username and password in the designated spaces.
- Then click on login. You’ll be logged in to your Microsoft Outlook Hotmail account.
How to Create a Custom Business Email with Microsoft Outlook?
If you’re the owner of a business website and want to use your business email with the benefits of Microsoft Outlook, then there’s a way for that too. You can easily set up your Microsoft Outlook account to add your business email and send and receive emails from it. To do so follow the steps given below:
P.S. – “You’ll only be able to add custom domains that are registered with GoDaddy.com. Microsoft Outlook currently does not support domains registered with any other provider.
The feature of creating a custom email account is available only with a premium Office 365 subscription.”
- Login to your Microsoft Outlook account by following the steps mentioned above.
- Update to the new mail experience if you haven’t already done that.
- Look for a diamond-shaped icon on the toolbar and click on it. This will open the premium dashboard.
- Go to the Personalized e-mail address section and select Get Started. You’ll be guided through the entire procedure of adding your business email to Microsoft Outlook.
How to Delete a Microsoft Outlook Account?
Despite the heavily loaded features of Microsoft Outlook, there might come a time when you’ll need to delete your Microsoft. Outlook account. It may be because you’re changing your email address or for some other inevitable reason. In such a case, follow these steps for easily deleting your Microsoft Outlook account:
- Locate the option File from the top left corner of your main Outlook account.
- From there, go to Account Settings and again choose Account Settings.
- Select the account that you want to be deleted. Then click on Remove.
- All your account data and cached items will be deleted and you’ll get a message stating the same.
Microsoft Office 365 Plans and Pricing:
Microsoft Office 365 subscription plans are very highly demanded and sought after. Here is an exhaustive list of Office 365 subscription plans and their prices.
- Office 365 Business Essentials–1 Year Agreement 5$/user/month, 1 Month Agreement 6$/user/month
- Office 365 Business Plan – 1 Year Agreement 8.25$/user/month, 1 Month Agreement 10$/user/month
- Office 365 Business Premium – 1 Year Agreement $12.50/user/month, 1 Month Agreement $15.00/user/month
- Office Enterprise E1 – 1 Year Agreement $8.00/user/month
- Office Enterprise E3– 1 Year Agreement $20.00/user/month
- Office Enterprise E5 – 1 Year Agreement $30.00/user/month
- Office Enterprise Pro Plus – 1 Year Agreement $12.00/user/month
All these Office 365 plans come with varying levels of services and features. However, the basic benefits of MS Office, 1 TB OneDrive cloud storage, Outlook, and SharePoint remain the same.