We’re aware of the fact that Google Chromebooks are becoming more and more popular, most people still use the iPhone as the primary device. That could be mainly because of portability, specifications, and comfort of access.
Apple is giving nothing official regarding and we still have to jam through plugins or apps.
Chromebooks have come as a super alternative replacement to most lappies being cost-friendly and in addition, it lacks most of the limitations of having a tablet. In spite of it’s good and satisfying service it also comes with certain drawbacks. One of the major drawbacks that come in limelight is being unable to download iTunes for the Chromebook. It might annoy users making the leap from MacBook or Windows Laptops.
Here’s a simple bypass solution for this issue that allows users to overcome this problem and continue working until a better option comes into play. It doesn’t need a whole Linux study or knowledge to get into working but some simple steps that can give you access to your iTunes library on Chromebook itself.
Steps to follow:-
- Activate the Linux (Beta) feature on Chromebook. For this, we need to initiate the Settings application and click on the Linux (Beta) tab. There you will find the ‘Turn On’ button to enable Linux on Chromebook.
- Then, we have to install Wine on Chromebook. Firstly, we will modernize all the system packages with the following command.
- “Sudo apt-get update”
- Once done, execute the command below to download and install Wine.
- “Sudo apt-get install Wine”
- Once we have Wine completely setup, we need to download the iTunes Windows setup. Its 64-bit version is not compatible as it opens into a black window.
- Then, you can see the iTunes setup window open. Click ‘Next.’
- By clicking on ‘Next’ you will get different installation options. Click ‘Install.’
- After that, a pop-up window will appear which says that AutoRun is set off. Click ‘Yes‘ to enable AutoRun.
- Once done, click ‘FINISH’.
More Articles: Tecksolving
Another way of getting it done is by following a different style which includes the following steps:
- Open Chrome. (Official Link)
- Go to Google Play Music on your website.
- Tap on Add to Chrome present on the top-right corner.
- Click on Add App to confirm.
- Wait while Google Play Music installs. You’ll get a confirmation when it’s done.
- Now you need to activate the music service.
- Next, open the Google Play Music web interface in Chrome.
- Then, click on the menu present on the top left corner of the screen. There are three horizontal bars.
- Click on ‘Upload music’
- The next screen is labeled as “Welcome to your iTunes music with Google Play Music”. Again, click on Next.
- Insert a mode of payment by clicking on Add Card. The best part is that users won’t be charged for anything. This is just to verify your location.
- On the next page, labeled “Google Play Music Activation,” click on Activate.
- Users are assisted with an option to pick their favorite musical genres. Then, click on Next when you’re ready.
- You’ll be assisted with the opportunity to select your favorite artists. Click on Finish when you’re ready.
Now, we have installed and configured iTunes in our Google Chromebook, feel free to explore its wonders and the power it holds.