All things You Must Know about the Discord
What is the Discord app?
If you love playing online PC games, you must take the time to familiarize yourself with Discord. a well-liked group-chatting app was initially made to give gamers a place to build communities and chat. The application works in mobile & desktop platforms, with the great features of a chat lobby, a message board & a VoIP chatting system. It becomes a popular source of game streaming among professional gamers.
How to Signup Discord?
To use Discord, you will first require creating & setting up an account. This account will help you to access Discord in your web browser & start finding communities for your preferred interests. Follow the steps to make an account on Discord
- First, you need to go to discord.com. (Official Link)
- Here you need to enter the username you want to use & click the arrow.
- Fill the Captcha as directed.
- A popup will come out & provide you the option to Get Started with creating a new server or skipping ahead to finish creating your account.
- Discord will then request you to claim & secure your account through entering your email address & setting a password. When completed, click Claim Account.
- A popup will come into view to present a download link for the Discord desktop application, click X to skip this.
- To complete the account making process, log into your email account & get the confirmation email. Click the link in that email to confirm your new Discord account.
Discord has become one of the top chat platforms on the web. What started lives as a service for gamers has built an imposing list of features that have guided it grow into other areas? Nowadays, the app is used by everybody, from businesses to crypto investors. Using Discord is easy, but if you recognize where to look, there is more to Discord than meets the eye. Here are a few top features of Discord
- Screen Reader Data Toggle.
- Server Folders 101.
- Stream your game with Go Live.
- Custom Status.
- Mobile Presence.
- Colorblind Mode.
- Data Privacy Controls.
How to Stream on Discord?
Only Discord’s Windows desktop client can provide you stream facility. You’ll need to utilize the desktop or Chrome browser client to watch Discord streams.
First, run Discord & enter the server where you desire to stream, then choose the game you wish to stream. If the game is already acknowledged by Discord, click the “Go Live” button in the bottom near your username & avatar.
In the Go Live menu, choose “Change” if Discord didn’t automatically identify the game you desire to stream. Check the voice channel you wish to stream to & click “Go Live.”
Once your stream is up & running, DiscordApp will show a lesser preview of the stream in the Discord window. Hover over this stream & click the cog icon to get the Stream Settings menu. Here, you can adjust the quality & frame rate of your stream.
How to add bots to Discord?
Adding bots on a Discord server is rather easy, as it must be. All you have to do is log into your Discord account in a browser, & you’re good to go. I’m assuming that you already made the bots that you desire to include to your Discord server. Once you have the bots that you wish to add to your server, you can follow the steps mentioned below:
Visit Discord app website, & log in to your DiscordApp account. Confirm you have “Manage Server” permissions on the server that you desire to insert the bot to.
On the Carbonitex website click on the, “Add Bot to Server” If you’re putting a bot from the Discord Bots website, click on the button “Invite.”
You will be taken to a confirmation screen. Here, you need to click on the “Select a Server” dropdown menu and choose the server you desire to add the bot to.
Now you need to click on the option “Authorize.” Once you made this, the bot will be added to your server, & you can see it in the sidebar for your server.
Voice Changer for Discord
Discord is by far the most excellent gaming chat service out there & if you are a pro gamer, the probability is that you are using it each day. Discord allows voice & text-based chat services, & I know a vast number of individuals who use voice changer programs to amend their voice while talking on DiscordApp. Several people do it for privacy reasons & some do it just for fun.
How to Report Someone on Discord?
To file a report, DiscordApp will require the User ID, a link to the message(s) the individual is being reported for, & the Server ID. Do not remove the messages from the individual you’re reporting as you will require them for reporting.
If you’re the channel admin, you must do this:
- Go to the server you’re using on the right-hand side of the panel
- Go to Settings & Appearances to turn on Developer Mode.
- Right-click the client and choose Copy ID for the User ID.
- Paste it anywhere safely.
- Choose the three dots to the right of the message you’re reporting and choose Copy Link.
- Paste it anywhere safely.
- Right-click your server name in the list and select Copy ID.
- Paste it somewhere safe.
After getting the IDs, let us now see how to submit the report to DiscordApp. Go to the Trust and Safety request center & do the below steps.
Step 1: Provide your email address in the field given.
Step 2: choose the report category from the dropdown.
Step 3: Write the subject.
Step 4: Fill the description, write as much fact as you can & paste the three ID codes here.
Step 5: Upload the screenshot of the message (not obligatory)
Step 6: After that click the submit button.
To use a screen share option, you need to Open DiscordApp on your Mac or computer and choose the room you desire to stream in.
To stream to an open room with a voice channel you have permissions in, have the game or application you wish to stream open. Then, go back to the DiscordApp.
DiscordApp will identify the app you have running & the icon for it will be at the bottom-left of the display. Press the “stream” button available on the right side.
Choose the channel you wish to stream to. If the application showing in the icon isn’t the one you desire to stream, click “Change” & select from one of the other applications, or share one of your display screens directly.
To share a stream in a private call, in its place, start a call. While you’re in a call, you’ll be provided the “share screen” button in the call menu. Click that and choose the application or screen that you wish to stream in the call.
More Articles: Tecksolving
How to the Spoiler on Discord
On a Computer
- In a chatbox, highlight the particular part of the message you desire to mark as a spoiler.
- You need to right-click on it & choose from the option “Mark as a spoiler.”
- Send the message.
- A black box will now hide the spoiler text.
Can we download Discord for windows?
Yes, you can Open your web browser & go to discordapp. Then click on “Download” in the top-left corner of your display.
How to Uninstall Discord?
To correctly uninstall the Discord program, it is not adequate to just transfer its files to the Recycle Bin. To perform this, we apply the features of Windows Settings. Follow the steps below to uninstall the Discord.
- Go to the Start > Settings > System > Apps & Features
- Find Discord, click Delete & confirm the deletion.
- Discord will be totally removed from the PC in the background mode. In just a few seconds, it will vanish from the list of installed applications. Users of older versions of Windows can use the standard control panel to uninstall DiscordApp.
- After uninstalling the application using the uninstaller, some tails of the application still present in the system. Therefore, to totally remove Discord, you need to clean the location of the program yourself.
- Since the required location is hidden by default, you’ll also need to contain hidden folders in Windows 10:
- Open the file, Explorer. You need to click on the View tab (top), its Settings.
- In the window that appears, in the View tab, choose the Show hidden files, folders, & drives option.
- Now navigate to the C:\Users\username\AppData location & delete the following folders: Local\Discord and Roaming\Discord.
- Also, after installing & using some program, the registry entries are entered, which are not deleted more frequently after uninstalling the program.